Old January 27th 04, 01:35 AM
MKM Moderation Team

Default New Here, Q's about Kindergarten - Tips from those who've been there???

In article , Leah Adezio wrote:

And moderators? I thought one of the reasons the ng is moderated was to try
to keep things like meds bashing to a minimum.

I find the attitude of this poster, with her false statement which appears
to serve no purpose but to 'Ritalin/med bash' repugnant to those of us who
have children who have been properly diagnosed and are being treated for
ADD/ADHD with a variety of techniques, including medication.

Thanks for your question, Leah. The moderators determined that the post
you referred to is not uncivil according to misc.kids.moderated
guidelines. In general, the moderators do not reject statements of opinion
unless they are stated in an uncivil manner or phrased in a way that could
be seen as an attack or insult to specific people. Also, moderators do
not fact-check posts. We do expect and encourage other posters to question
or refute statements they consider erroneous, just as you did here.

In this particular case, about the use of ADHD medication, we felt the
original poster was not criticizing specific parents who use medication or
claiming that children never need medication, but was stating a common
perception about overall trends. M.k.m. is a ideal place in which informed
readers can address these kinds of perceptions and provide more detailed
and personal perspectives on issues like this.

The misc.kids.moderated charter and posting guidelines may be found at
http://www.misckids.org .

-- The mkm moderators