Old November 17th 07, 06:13 AM posted to misc.kids
Beliavsky

Default IQ and what it means in adulthood

On Nov 15, 3:14 am, Chookie wrote:

On average, less intelligent and responsible people have more kids
than their opposites, and that's a bad thing for society. Some people
worry about global warming. I worry about this.

If you want to get into eugenics, I suggest you try a breed less complex than
humans. Budgies, maybe.

I suggest you read the newspaper. We are learning what genes are
responsible for various individual differences, as discussed in a New
York Times article

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/17/us/17dna.html
My Genome, Myself: Seeking Clues in DNA
by Amy Harmon
November 17, 2007

and

'Nonscientists are already beginning to stitch together highly
speculative conclusions about the historically charged subject of race
and intelligence from the new biological data. Last month, a blogger
in Manhattan described a recently published study that linked several
snippets of DNA to high I.Q. An online genetic database used by
medical researchers, he told readers, showed that two of the snippets
were found more often in Europeans and Asians than in Africans.

No matter that the link between I.Q. and those particular bits of DNA
was unconfirmed, or that other high I.Q. snippets are more common in
Africans, or that hundreds or thousands of others may also affect
intelligence, or that their combined influence might be dwarfed by
environmental factors. Just the existence of such genetic differences
between races, proclaimed the author of the Half Sigma blog, a 40-year-
old software developer, means "the egalitarian theory," that all races
are equal, "is proven false."'

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/11/us/11dna.html
The DNA Age: In DNA Era, New Worries About Prejudice
By Amy Harmon
November 11, 2007

I would change the title to "Egalitarian dogmatists worry the truth is
coming out".