Old January 23rd 04, 06:57 AM
GoofeeGyrl

Default Baby care items- wipes, diapers, wash questions etc!

1. Best Baby wash?
I love J&J Bedtime Bath, I love the way it smells.

2. Best baby wipes? (no desire to make my own, need brand recs)
Huggies Natural Care

3. best disposable diapers?
DD#1 always had Pampers Premium. DD#2 started with Pampers Newborn but now is
in Huggies Supreme, I like them just as well.

4. Good formula brand and type?
I personally cannot breastfeed exclusively(IGT) and have used formula from one
week on. I started with Similac Advance, but now use a generic version of the
same thing that costs a lot less. I would talk to your ped about it too.

5. Best diaper rash cream?
The yucky, smelly, original A&D is the only thing I have bought after trying
all the zinc oxide creams. DD#1 contantly had rashes and this was the only
thing that ever worked on her.

6. Best bottles, brand and type?
So many people swear by Avent but I could NEVER get them to stop leaking, even
with every suggestion anybody ever gave. DD#1 used Playtex disposables, with
the natural silicone nipple. They were a lot easier to use since you were not
washing as many things, but are not too economical if that is a concern for
you. DD#2 uses Evenflo, I forget the name, they are curved bottles that you
can only find at Babies R Us and Baby Depot. I don't have any major
complaints, but if we were not on such a tight budget, I would be using the
disposables.

7. Best baby lotion?
I bought two bottles of lotion for #1 and both are more than half way full,
almost three years later. Can't help you on that one.

8. Is there anything you MUST have, or NEVER use (baby powder, baby oil,
etc?
I never used powder or oil, never even had any. Must haves? Not really. #2
is getting away with only the necesities and I feel nothing is missing.

9. Other good babycare products to have?
If you are going to be using formula at some point, one of the powdered formula
containers is nice, although you can always measure it and put it in a plastic
bag or container as well.

10. WHat should I have on hand for when I bring the baby home, and what do I
need to have in a diaper bag before leaving the house?
Alcohol for the cord, and cotton balls or qtips to apply the alcohol. A pad to
change baby, or you can just use a towel, that is what I did with #1. Just
have all the usual items in the diaper bag, including extra blanket and
pacifier (if using pacifiers), and a snack or bottle of water for yourself.

Hope some of the is helpful

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2.75 years
and Eva, 4 months