Old January 23rd 04, 08:59 AM
alissa

Default Baby care items- wipes, diapers, wash questions etc!

"Jill" wrote in message
m...
I am trying to get a list together of items I want to have on hand as
starters and items that are well-liked to try. I know it;s different for

all
but I do hear a lot of the same opinions about good products etc. The same
brands keep coming up in praise etc....I would like any suggestion or

rec's.
I am going to ask about formla so those who is can tell me what works well
for their baby so I will know, I hope to end up breastfeeding though....I
know I won't use cloth diapers I will need disposables...

1. Best Baby wash? alpha keri oil ( water soluble oil)
2. Best baby wipes? (no desire to make my own, need brand recs) curash J&J

gave my DD a red bottom
3. best disposable diapers? I use huggies or VIP's we don't have pampers

here but I've heard they are good.
4. Good formula brand and type? can't say but s26 can give some babies

constipation, I BF then used soy for milk intolerance.
5. Best diaper rash cream? paw paw or zinc or bethpanthen cream
6. Best bottles, brand and type? I used avent but the teats are too fast

for a newborn. Breat feeding is so much easier if you can do it and get past
( i mean hang in) the first 6 weeks to establish it properly.
7. Best baby lotion? used non scented sorboline
8. Is there anything you MUST have, or NEVER use (baby powder, baby oil,
etc? never used baby oil or powder
9. Other good babycare products to have? nope
10. WHat should I have on hand for when I bring the baby home, and what do

need to have in a diaper bag before leaving the house? somewhere for the

baby to sleep, nappies, blankets to wrap baby in, a few outfits, something
to catch vomits (bibs or cloth nappies) a place to bath the baby. You really
don't need too much and can buy stuff later when you work out what you want.

Thanks for any info!

I'm in Australia so brands will probably differ...but anyway...

good luck it's fun getting stuff ready.
Alissa