Old September 29th 04, 04:52 PM
Joelle

f I was the kind of parent who would tell, she wouldn't have asked
me, and you still wouldn't know.

And I believe that more parents should tell so that it would be harder for kids
to keep this sort of thing from their parents. You may think I'm on the
parents side and you are on the kids side, but I believe it's better for the
kids if the parents know.

At least this way, she's hiding sex
from you instead of bringing home a baby as a teen parent.

Now you the one kidding yourself. Asking about birth control doesn't mean
she's going to use it or use it correctly. It means she's considering being
sexually active and she's in danger of getting pregnant, diseases, and not
least of all, a broken heart. BC info doesn't help any of that. A parent can.
A kid not wanting their parent to know something is not a good enough reason
for withholding information from parents. That's the bottom line for me, and
as much as I appreciate most of what you say, I think you are wrong in this
instance.

Joelle

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle