Old March 21st 05, 03:49 PM
Anon E. Mouse

In article ,
says...
x-no-archive: yes

There's a private school locally that I wouldn't mind supporting, and they've
listed that they need volunteers, including committee members for a committee
I'd be interested in. I wouldn't mind volunteering the time, but it is true
that we're likely to want to apply to the school next year and the school has
more applicants than it does openings. Would it be perceived as a conflict of
interest (or a faux pas, even) on my part to volunteer for the committee? I
wouldn't want to do it if they would see it as me as solely trying to tip the
scales in favor of my daughter. (On the other hand, it wouldn't break my heart
if it *did* tip the scales, I have to admit...but that wouldn't be my primary
motivation.) Any thoughts?

beeswing

Volunteer. If it comes up, tell them you did volunteer because your
daughter was going to be applying there. But tell them your goal is to
improve your daughter's school, not just obtain an unfair advantage for
her.

AEM