Old February 23rd 06, 03:29 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default losing teeth

"Kim" wrote in message news:yS9Lf.77$Ui.37@edtnps84...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...

"xkatx" wrote in message news:FU_Kf.15107$n67.694@edtnps89...

"'Kate" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:14:55 -0500, "-=RaOuL=-"
the following was posted in blue dry erase
marker:

How many teeth does a kid have, and how long do they drag out the process
of loosing them?

20 and it depends but usually before 13, 14 years old. Some kids start
getting wisdom teeth at around 15-16 years old.

Aww! No fair... Amie is JUST starting to get them, nevermind lose them!

We noticed she had not one, but both bottom teeth coming in, and this was when we were at the hospital on Feb. 2...
I have 15-16 years of teething, losing teeth and getting them back again? Bran hasn't lost a tooth yet, but he's
only 5... Zach just lost his first tooth recently, but he's already 6.

My 12 year-old just lost *another* tooth! Third one this year, if I'm
counting right. I'm starting to wonder if he's buying teeth from the other
kids at school and bringing them here for the tooth fairy to pay him for. I
guess I should ask some of the local parents what the going rates are for
teeth in this town - maybe the tooth fairy's generosity here has sparked an
inventive entrepreneurial spirit in the boy!

-=RaOuL=-

If you're counting right. :-) You counted? Impressive!

I'd probably be counting the loss to my change purse more than anything... I have no idea what the going rate for
teeth is, but I think I recall getting 25¢ when I was younger, and I recall getting a whole dollar when I was older.
I recall a little girl, oh, maybe about 8? She came to our garage sale in the fall and she bought something, and
she had said it was her tooth fairly money. Sure enough, she was missing a tooth, and I was shocked to see that she
had a 5 dollar bill. I didn't ask, but I started to pray a lot and prayed that the Tooth Fairy's going rate is NOT
$5 a pop!
It makes me wonder if *she* or *they* can provide some sort of sliding scale, subsidized tooth fairy rates or
ANYTHING

Going rate for teeth here is $1 if it falls out, and $5 if it gets knocked out (happened twice, one for each kid) -
oh, and $5 for any that have to be pulled (try to picture a kid with double bottom front teeth - new ones coming in
behind the baby teeth........ loads of fun)

And I remember one month, my kid lost 3 teeth within 2 weeks..... and off to the dentist we went, to see why her
teeth were dropping out of her mouth.........

Cause her adult teeth were all coming in and pushing 'em out....... sigh

It happens.

Rates in my house were a solid Loonie... I didn't want to promote tooth loss LOL the oldest was one for making money
the easy way and if that involved removing teeth he'd have done it LOL so we did the loonie thing... a dollar a
tooth...

My mom used to give me silver dollars when I was little... I never hear of silver dollars anymore... Do they still
exist?

Yes - I have a number of them for my kids :-)