Old July 24th 06, 11:20 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Daniel Ganek

Default 12 Year Old Money Disagreements

wrote:
Hi.
My son has enough money of his won saved up in his bank account, and he
would like to purchase himself a laptop computer. He is great with
computers, and would like to get a laptop. I would like some advice on
this topic, because I am not sure if I should let him do this. (He
earned the money by putting in his allowance when he was younger, and I
had him do little chores at my office when he was little, and gave him
money for helping.)

I'd say let him do it - with limits as others have said.

Almost 50 years ago when I was 14 I took all my hard earned money ($200)
and bought a Vespa motor scooter. Taught me a lot both in terms of money
management and engines.

/dan