Old July 12th 03, 10:25 PM
Mary W.

Default Baby sign language

andrea wrote:

I thought about signing for babies (like for drink), for Joseph and
hopefully Kamron, to help avoid the frustration babies have before they are
able to talk. I also plan on starting this with Alden, he does speak but
it's not very clear, and we usually guess what he is saying.

Have any of you already started signing for babies/toddlers? How did it go?

We had planned to do it with our daughter but were pretty lax with it. She
picked up a couple of signs around 10 months. At 14 months we bought her
the signing time videos and her signing exploded. These are great videos.
They also really help with her vocabulary. At 25 months, these are still her
favorites to watch (they are videos of kids doing signs, she's fascinated by
them).

You can find them at www.signingtime.com

Mary