Old June 30th 07, 07:58 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.parenting,alt.child-support,alt.parents-teens
[email protected]

Default instant single parent of my 18 year old son!

Hi,
~
my 18 year old son came from overseas less than 2 months ago
~
He wanted to come to the idea that he had about "America". He
occupies his mind with a great deal of hip-hop and reggaeton.
~
I had been noticing how much different his personality is from mine
even before he got here, but I never expected for things to go out of
control so fast so soon
~
Basically he doesn't listen to what you are trying to tell him and I
am not so good at being persuasive. Just trying to make him understand
that he may not go to dancing places/where they sell alcoholic
beverages till he is 21 and that he is not supposed to go to school
wearing his oversize earrings has been tough to me
~
Just taking about these matters to me is incredibly taxing now
imagine talking about it to your own son and in a persuasive way
without losing your temper/getting angry at some point
~
How do people cope with these issues? Any manuals for "instant
daddies"?

Thanks
lbrtchx