Old June 30th 07, 10:50 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.parents-teens
[email protected]

Default instant single parent of my 18 year old son!

You're an idiot, he's an adult.
The second part I kind of understand (at least the "legal" part of
it), but unless you are God for Windows Vista I wonder what makes you
feel like you can read a whole situation out of a statement as harsh
as it may sound to you. What exactly makes you think I am an idiot I
would like to know. Hey! Maybe I am by just taking the time to reply
to you!
~
To me part of "being an adult" is being able to provide for yourself
and being sustainably independent in a moral way. That includes having
some skills/career (and unless you consider such things as gansta
rapping and somehow (not even in a "smart" way) knowing where you can
plug your penis to be a skill, he has none) and he hasn't even
finished high school and never did in his home country in a
paternalistic educational environment (Cuba) and surrounded by super
caring and hyper protective family
~
To me he was just lazy kid thinking his daddy would pull him out of
it in a movie like way, which in a sense, was exactly what
happened ...
~
Whatever you're trying to do, it's both too late, and not even your right legally anymore.

Anymore, you said?!? When do you stop being someone's mother/father?
Oh, I see you are giving me a legal talk here!
~
You run the risk of losing a possible friendship with your adult son if you keep ****ing up by demanding that the people you care about be just like you!!

Yes, to a certain extent I would like for him to be "like me" as you
say. I have never ever ****ed up with anyone, I have always been a
decent dog and when I was his age I contested a nationwide
schollarship to finish graduate school in a pretigious German
University, from where I graduated with high laurates
~
I love to read and code (I don't watch TV or owe moneys from any
bank, we should forget about that part), but I would really be happy
if he just finishes high school which he will (re)start this fall.
What I am asking from him is the bare minimum
~
Believe me, I hate rap, hip-hop, and most reggae too

Well, you see reggae to me is much better than rap, hip-hop and
reggaeton. The thing is that some kids take this crap as some sort of
ultimate truth/religion. he actually is like a 10 year old child, I
have to be explainig to him he is not supposed to leave wet cloths in
the closet, properly close a soda bottle or pee without leaving his
mark on the toillet, yet he apparently knows all these songs
~
but it's no longer your place, if indeed it EVER was.

Wrong again Mr. Opinion! I am his father. Whose place is it yours?
Society's?
~
Treat him like you have to treat your adult friends in order to have any, (IF YOU EVEN DO! - I have noticed that most authoritarians are emotionally underdeveloped adult misanthropes who have no real friends!).

So let me understand you, if you have friends you are emotionally
developed? This idea really makes me question your smarts, that, to me
would be the same as saying that some idea is true/right because it is
popular. Also the mobs and politicians thrive in this culture of
"friendship" ...
~
If you don't, you will lose him altogether, he will simply avoid you hereafter.

I decided to reply your post because I might go back and visit how I
felt years later
~
Again, becoming an instant daddy/mommy is not easy and even asking
the right questions the right way is hard
~
lbrtchx