Old May 8th 04, 01:44 PM
Donna Metler

Default December due dates

"ModernMiko" wrote in message
news
"Mary S." wrote in message
Welcome and congratulations, if you're just found out! Do you feel
pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning? Have you started telling
people? Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near
you, taking prenatals? Any food cravings, any morning queasiness?
Peeing a million times a day? How's pregnancy treating you so far? I
hope the next nine months are happy, healthy, and fun!

Mary

I found out about 2 weeks ago-I have my 6 week appointment Tuesday. I
already know which hospital I'm going through-it's the one with the best
NICU, and since I have a 50% chance of recurrent HELLP, which means another
preemie, I want the support. My team is a primary care OB, a Certified
Nurse-Midwife, and a Perinatologist. The midwife is doing most of the care,
although the OB stops in and checks on me at the regular appointments, and
she'll be my primary contact for monitoring. Right now, I'm just checking in
with my BP and protein readings once a week, and going in every two, but
when we get into the danger zone for me, it will be more like a few times a
day. The Peri is on consult, and won't be pulled in unless I start showing
symptoms. So far, my BP is actually lower now than it was
pre-pregnancy-probably because I have so many people threatening to strangle
me if I do ANYTHING which might raise it!

I've been on vitamins since I started TTC, over a year ago-not an official
prenatal, but a multi-vitamin, plus additional folic, calcium and
antioxidants. I'm also on low-dose aspirin therapy (which is supposed to
help in recurrant PE), and cranberry pills (I get UTIs easily while
pregnant, or at least I did last time).

I still have two weeks of school this year, and the peeing all the time is
driving me crazy. So far, morning sickness hasn't been too big of a problem,
but you can't leave a group of kids to run to the bathroom. Luckily, I'm a
music teacher, and have a different group every 45 minutes, so I can usually
make it between classes. The adults in my life generally know-I called
everyone when I ended up on bedrest right after diagnosis because I wanted
the hand holding and support, but I'm not sure whether I should tell my
students or not. I've already applied for leave for all of next school
year-my principal, music supervisor, and district music coordinator all
support me NOT trying to work while pregnant (my supervisor's comment is
"You've had to do too much to get this baby-we're not going to let you tire
yourself out and lose it!"), so I won't be back in the fall.

Food cravings! Actually, this was the first symptom I noticed-all of a
sudden, I would KILL for nachos! This baby definitely has a taste for spice.
Lots of Taco Bell runs to the border on the way home from work. Then, last
night, it was yeast rolls. My husband is putting up with it.

So far, nausea has been only an occasional thing-something I'm very glad
about. I'm definitely starting to get the breast tenderness, and the bulge
is starting to appear-enough that some of my more tailored teaching clothes
are not all that comfortable, and I got the requisite
"Mrs. Metler, are you getting fat?" question from a 5 yr old.

Definitely still having trouble believing this is real. Two years, to the
day, after my due date with Brian, the pregnancy for the next one was
officially diagnosed! After almost a year and a half of TTC-on a month where
we'd about given up.