Old July 9th 03, 03:34 PM

Default Hard to nurse discreetly??

"JoAnna" wrote in message
et...
I read is some posts about wearing double shirts, nursing shirts (yucko)

or
pulling one's breast out through wierd parts of your shirt...do people
generally have a rough time nursing discreetly in "normal" clothes? Or

does
wearing a sling or carrier make it difficult?

When I started nursing my 1st I went and purchased some nursing shirts
(overpriced, awkward and a waste of time!!) Then I bought shirts that
buttoned down the front and had "easy access" that way but I was either
entirely exposed (not convenient in some public places) or I had to cover

up
with a cloth or whatever.

Then my friend showed me how she used her normal shirt (for her a T-shirt)
that was a little baggy to nurse dicreetly. It made life so much simpler

for
me!!! Just undo the nursing bra, Stick the baby up your shirt ) and then
position your shirt to cover the exciting parts...the only part of baby

that
gets sort of covered is her mouth really. The baby and your arm cover the
rest.

So - now that i am planning on using the Maya Wrap and nursing in it can
anyone tell me if my "normal shirt" nursing approach witll leave me

exposed
in public?

Thanks--
JoAnna
#1 DS 2yrs BFd 18.5 months
#2 DD 2 wks old

I have some nursing tops that I love, and one I hate - only use if
desperate. it might just be you have one that is a pain, and might do
better with a different style. I got mine on ebay, they don't have to be
horribly expensive. you can even get dresses if you want to dress up a
little. I am currently just wearing an oversize t-shirt...
Edith