Old October 15th 05, 02:08 AM
Hillary Israeli

Default Kids and Nutrition

In ,
Cindy Kandolf wrote:

*I suppose we're interpretting it differently. As I read what you
*wrote, it sounds like you believe they're trying to increase sales of
*popcorn in general (and their brand in particular) by pointing out
*that popcorn can be a healthy snack. I saw it differently, as an
*attempt to increase sales of their brand by saying that *their*
*popcorn is 100% whole grain and leaving you to wonder about the other
*brands. And of course unpopped popcorn is 100% whole grain by
*definition...

Heh. I'm generally very cynical, but I had not even thought of your
interpretation! I just figured they were trying to promote popcorn in
general when I saw that.

*Sort of like if one particular brand of bottled water started
*advertising "No Sugar Added!" It's true, but it's a feature of all
*unflavored bottled water, not of any single brand. And that's how I

My biggest peeve is the "no cholesterol" label on, for example, an
avocado...

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth