Old March 12th 08, 02:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

Default Constant thirst

Hi all

I'm a little concerned about Jessica. She's 20 months, and has a constant
thirst.

She's always been quite thirsty, but a few months ago she got hold of the
cat's worming medicene. She didn't drink much of it at all, but one of the
possible effects were kidney probs. I called NHS Direct (a UK nurse led call
centre) and they advised that I just monitored her. Within two days, she was
drinking constantly, so I called again, and they told me to take her to A&E.
We saw a pediatrican, who checked the toxicology database and checked her
over and said she'd be ok. Her thirst died down again, although she
continued to drink a lot.

However, in the last two weeks, she's been continuously thirsty again.
Whether I give her water milk or squash, she asks for another drink as soon
as she's finished the first one, and is never far from her drink. Her sippy
cups and bottles both hold 9oz, and while I've not counted exactly, she gets
through at least 12 a day, and they're just the ones I can recall off hand
and not including extra ones such as cartons when we're out etc. In the car
when DH takes me to work, she'll get through two bottles within the hour
journey, and still be fussing for more.

Any thoughts?

Lucy x