Old March 12th 08, 09:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

Default Constant thirst

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message

Diabetes was what came to my mind too : / Our GP's surgery is a

nightmare
for making appointments though, and I'm struggling to get her in,

despite
daily calls.

you might want to remind them that they have to get you in within
48hours with a doctor and 5 days with a named doctor and you'll be
contacting the local PCT if they don't make you and appointment NOW.

Anne

Their new thing is that you now have to call up at 8am to make pre-bookables
as well as emergency appointments - they told me this at 10am. Yesterday,
at 9am, I'd called too early. Monday, at 10am, I had the option to come down
at 5pm to sit and wait as I'd left it too late. Last week, I could call
from 8.45 for an emergency or after 10am for a pre-bookable. My last surgery
was the same.

What gets me, is that whatever time of the day you call, they're fully
booked - what I want to know is how the hell the other patients are booking
up all the slots!

Lucy x