Old November 17th 03, 09:27 PM
Ilse Witch

Default Breast feeding letdown reflex question.

na wrote:
oh ok, well in still sort of new to the world of breast feeding... I just
notice that my breasts are 'relatively' empty when I start on one side, and
while i nurse on one side I feel the letdown and my other side fills up. I
guess I shouldnt worry about how full they feel and just pay attention to
how many times he swallows.

I noticed just after replying that you posted a birth announcement,
or I would have been a bit more specific, sorry. Congrats anyway!

BF-ing is different for each woman, and so are the feelings and
sensations that come with it. The first weeks can be pretty hard,
they were for me, but in general you will get the routine within
2 weeks or so. You both have to learn. An excellent place for
advice is misc.kids.breastfeeding.

Don't worry if you feel empty, as long as your baby is drinking,
there should be milk flowing. A baby is far more efficient than
anything else in nursing, even when I had pumped, DS managed to
get some milk from me. And after the initial engorgement, your
breasts may feel emptier, but they are most definitely not!

LOL at the guardian of DH comment, it was priceless!

Yeah, what can you do? Men would be lost without women...
But I must say, DH was a great support during the first weeks
of BF-ing, without him, I would most likely have given up!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (15m)