Old November 18th 03, 01:20 PM
Linz

Default Breast feeding letdown reflex question.

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:55:09 GMT, "na" wrote:

How do I have a (letdown) before I nurse? I have trouble doing it. I do it
while I nurse but not usually until I switch breasts... On the first breast
I never get that full and emptying feeling.

I don't feel a let-down until I'm actually feeding, then I get it in
both breasts. And it's not something one does, actively, it's
something your body does.

I have heard that you should just think about feeding your baby but that
doesnt work for me because I hate breast feeding. I prefer bottle feeding
but I know whats best for my son so I just do it... any advice would be very
helpful.

Well done for doing it, if you dislike it so much! Be pleased and
proud of yourself, and you may find that that helps you. I have to
admit that I don't just think about feeding my baby. I think about how
my glass is always just out of reach, how he always ends up on the
right breast at dinner time and while I can nurse him one-handed, I
find it very difficult to feed myself with my left hand, how I need to
write email, how it's hard to sleep with him pulling back frequently
and my partner snoring...