Old March 21st 04, 02:03 PM
Bebelestrnge

Default I'm a 16 year old mom I wanna chat w/ people

Subject: I'm a 16 year old mom I wanna chat w/ people
From: lm
Date: 3/20/2004 9:48 AM Eastern Standard Time

snip

Well I guess this is another thing we would have to disagree on
because while you say you keep telling them and showing them and
lecturing them and supporting them and helping them and teaching them,
I would say you're way past the point of all that and it's high time
they have to DO it rather than be taught it. Words are empty at this
point, really, it's time for them to own up to it. Tears or no tears.
IMO the approach you're taking, while it seems the most supportive
now, may be prolonging their transformation from irresponsible
teenagers to parents.

We don't disagree lm , I do agree that the basic point here is they need to be
doing this and I am backing out.............I amhere if they need me.

Are they supposed to be punished for having a baby?

No, but their lives are supposed to change, and the baby is supposed
to be their first priority.

Yep agreed

Exactly what I am trying to point out to them !

I would suggest no longer pointing it out and rather create the
circumstances under which they have to do it.

As I type !
more snippage

Major big ole sigh? You're welcome.

LMAO ! Yes Thank you

There are as many ways to raise a kid as there are kids. Take my post
for what it's worth to you and toss the rest. Good luck to you.

Your opinion and advice are very appreciated and has much worth to me, thank
you . Bev
lm