Old March 3rd 04, 10:08 PM
Robin T.

Default only 12 weeks and showing

Elitsirk wrote:
wrote in message
. com...
Argh

I wanted to wait until the first trimester is over before telling
people but already people at work are guessing... this is my first
pregnancy and I thought I wouldn't be showing so soon but I guess I
should have done my situps...

I'm right there with you. All the pregnancy books that I've read say
that "you won't need maternity clothes till around week 14". They
lie. I bought a pair of pg jeans at 7 weeks because none of my
regular pants would button (there was a good, 1-inch gap between
button and hole on my most forgiving jeans). I don't *think* I'm
having twins, but I'm just playing the odds with that (they don't run
in either family and we didn't use any fertility drugs)--the doctor
picked up a single heartbeat, but did say that he probably wouldn't be
able to tell if there was more than one.

I started the move to maternity clothes at 7 weeks, but at least I have the
excuse of this being my second. What makes me scared is that my mom's
psychic said that there would be two sets of twins born to the family--my
cousin had twins just before Christmas, which makes me "next in line". I am
SO not prepared for twins.... Going to the OB for the first time today;
maybe I can con him/her into a heartbeat check.

Robin T.
#1, 12/25/00
#2, edd 09/29/04