Old January 8th 04, 06:01 PM
Elana Kehoe

Default biting - what do you do?

teapot wrote:

well the Moo has 2 little white teeth poking through his bottom gum,
they are not all out yet but its imminent!

I thought it would be wise to ask for tips in case he turns out to be
a biter. He's been doing this pull off thing for the last week or so
and he gets 3 chances to settle before the boob gets put away as it
hurts. Should I use the same strategy for biting? I'm not sure its
working for the pulling off. What I mean by pulling off is when they
have a firm grip on th nipple but wrench their heads away fast - ouch.

P only bit me maybe 5 times (?). I'd almost scream OUCH and he'd
unlatch and understand pretty easily what he did.

There is this thing..be prepared. They do this...teeth pressing. Where
instead of holding the nipple with their lips or suction, they gently
hold it with their teeth. Of course, over the course of a session, this
is a bit annoying and starts to hurt a little. I unlatched P this
morning and had some nice deep teeth marks. Haven't seen any solution
for this...I think they do it when they're lazy :-).
--
It's Tis Herself