Old June 21st 07, 04:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Default sleep walking

"Tishtash" wrote in message
news
i do not know what you think a nine month old child is capably of but she
walks and crawls round her cot i know she is sleeping because her eyes are
closed or opening and looking into nothing all i asked was did any of you
know anything about sleep walking in babys not what is she doing and i did
not as for advise i asked if you know anything about sleep walking so if
you do not do not bother to write then
#and i have a thnk you to a Kat and Sue because you are the onlys ones
that have written about sleep walking

Oh lord. Take a chill pill. This is a forum where people come with
questions looking for advice. Excuse us if we misunderstood your post and
thought you were looking to solve a problem or get reassurance. This is not
a library, where you can just access articles on whatever you want. As you
can see from the majority of the responses, most people are asking for
additional clarification, if the question is, "is it normal for my daughter
to do this?" or is it "how do I keep her safe while she's doing it?" or "is
this okay, and is there anything I need to do?" or something else all
together.

Do you have a history of sleepwalking in your family? If so, then she may
well be starting to show her own sleepwalking tendancies. If you don't have
any history of sleepwalking in your family, then it might well be what I
(and others) said, which is just a phase that babies go through where they
crawl, or stand up in their cribs in the middle of the night, while asleep,
because they are learning a new skill. It happens, and then it stops. How
long has your daughter been walking, and how long has she been standing and
walking in her crib in the middle of the night?

If you don't want to answer any of these questions and still feel that all
you want is an article about sleepwalking in babies, then you may be out of
luck. There may not be a lot (or any) of articles about sleepwalking in
babies, either because it doesn't happen (as in, it's just a developmental
phase that they can go through, but not really sleepwalking per se), or
because in children and adults who tend to sleepwalk, it hasn't been shown
to start in babies, or it's not common enough to have any articles written
about it.

Have a nice day.
--

Jamie