Old July 18th 03, 07:28 PM
Whimsical

Default Help, advice, Please?

"Kane" wrote in message
om...
"Whimsical" wrote in message

The moral of the story is, spanking is a quick fix, but never works in
the long run!

I can though appear to work...and there's the rub.

Forgive my presumption, as it's rather apparent you have worked this
through and well at that, but two things. I hope you've forgiven
yourself if that was a question, and may I recommend a book?

Yeah, I have forgiven myself. It was some years ago now and I was
going through a bad patch at the time. Not that that excuses taking it
out on a small child of course.

Smart Love, by the Piepers, husband and wife, therapists, and foster
and adoptive and natural parents...well seasoned folks.

Thanks for the reference....

They make the point that supports the progress of more and more
spanking being required that you relate....the child believes their
beloved parent parents them exactly as they deserve and will help get
more of it, be it love and tenderness, or harsh pain and punishment.

I can relate to that.
When my my son was five he got little else out of me but pain.
Now I wouldn't say I ever gave him a real thrashing, but on a couple
of ocaisions I guess I came close.
When I came home from work hewould be waiting for me, knowing
that a smacking would result from whatever misdemeanors his
Mum reported to me. Not surprisingly after a while he feared the
return of his own Dad! Things got into a routine, come home, smack
back of son's legs, have tea. Day after day after day.......
Anyway, luckily it doesn't seem to have done him any harm. Kids are
perhaps more robust than we think, perhaps?
He's certainly never mentioned the spankings to me in later years.