Old July 3rd 03, 08:01 PM
Dan Evans

Default OT (wildly): photo tix and dropping the hammer was Gotta keep it from The Children

"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
In ,
Dan Evans wrote:

*I'm stunned. In the UK, or at least in our area when I was at school, we
*played the "national" sports, and when we played a sport, we played by

that
*sport governing bodies rules. Generally Rugby (winter term), Football
*(Spring term) and Cricket (Summer term), though occasionally baseball,
*basketball and tennis - and track and field got a look in as well during

the
*summer.

An active lot, aren't you?

Not really. There was (and I suppose there still is) 2 hours a week minimum
devoted to PE (Phyical Education) and it was (and I think it still is) a
compulsory subject, along with Maths, English Language and Religeous
Education - meaning that if those were the only 4 subjecta school taught,
then that was fine.

When you think about it, 2 hours a week isn't much

Football is a high-injury sport!

Rugby has its moments as well. A kid I was at school with broke his neck
(though it has to be said that is very rare for that to happen), and there
were several broken arms and legs a year, plus missing teeth, broken
noses/fingers/ribs etc

Dan