Old August 12th 06, 01:06 AM posted to misc.kids
0tterbot

Default Prime example of why I hate other parents...

wrote in message
ups.com...

0tterbot wrote:
no, the zoo owns the meerkats, the zoo allows admission. the child poked
the
meerkats. the meerkat bit the child. NONE of this has to do with the
parents. you just want to make up a reason it's their fault because you
"hate parents"? no zoo = no incident, OR, no kid = no incident. buggered
if
i can work out how it's the parents' fault.

Did you even read the article?

no, i decided not to. rolls eyes

The kid climbed on a display that was
clearly marked DO NOT CLIMB ON ROCKS, stuck her hand through a small
hole in the barrier and tried to pet the animals. THAT is how she got
bitten. Pure negligence by whomever was supervising the child.

you know, we're not big on killing zoo animals who attack silly humans
here - i couldn't tell you the last time that happened, because the general
idea is that wild animals might do that if people are witless enough to get
into such a situation. what i can tell you though is that the last person in
my city snipped by a lion for putting their hands where hands don't belong
was AN ADULT.

so was that adult's _parents_ at fault too? :-) they could only be 90 or
so - that's enough to make them wear the blame for all their transgressions
in having the gall, the absolute front, to be a pair of shudder PARENTS
(_and_ for having got away with it for so long....!!).

ultimately - a nine y.o. would, at least in theory, know better than to poke
zoo animals, climb on rocks marked otherwise, and so forth. so would, at
least in theory, an adult know better. but people lose their heads (not
usually literally g) and do silly things on the spur of the moment - and
experience tells me that adults are the prime ones for this. generally kids
are being looked after by a sensible adult, but that doesn't preclude
non-sensible adults from being daft or doing harmful things. consider the
world around you for a moment.

It's the child's fault as well, but ultimately parents are responsible
for the actions of their children so the responsibility for the
incident is on the parents.

ho hum. it's a zoo issue. this type of thing goes hand in hand with ZOOS,
not with "parents". when you've actually been a parent for more than three
seconds yourself, you might eventually develop an idea of that for which you
are ultimately responsible and can control, and that which you can only do
your best.

trying to use an incident like this to make your case for your chronic
parent-hating makes you look like an idiot. (as well as exposing the most
obvious logical lapse - you ARE one! are we going to see YOU on the news in
a few year's time after junior causes the deaths of 5 meerkats by being
temporarily unable to think straight during the 10 seconds you were looking
elsewhere?) pffft.
kylie