Old December 7th 03, 04:42 AM
laurie

Default Is it just my daughter (food related)?

So, what I'd like to know is (a) did anyone else have this issue and (b) is
there anything I can do to encourage her to eat or (c) will she eat at some
point on her own? Should I keep trying or give up for a week or so and try
again? Any other suggestions?

Aside from the little bit of food she's eaten
(rice cereal, peas, yams, apples, bananas) she's exclusively bf'd.

TIA

Hi Melissa, I just posted about this in Phoebe's post!

Christopher really isn't into solids at all. He's 7.5 months. Jarred food,
forget it......maybe a bite or two, mostly he wants nothing to do with it.
Same with rice cereal. He does like a bit of real banana on his tray, not
spoon fed to him, or sometimes a whole pea squashed down flat, that kind of
thing. Also mashed carrots, but he likes to do it himself, or maybe off my
finger...not so much on a spoon! He'll take a bit of mashed potatoes, too.
He does like cheerios soaked in a tiny bit of breastmilk or apple juice if I
don't have any thawed BM, i break them in half and he picks them up or I give
them to him with my fingers.

As for the teething biscuits, don't be too disappointed. I tried them too, and
that was the one thing he really liked a lot. He choked at the Thanksgiving
table and I'll never give him another one. Scared the heck out of me!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 7.5 months