Old July 14th 04, 05:35 AM
prettybutrfly126

Default Can a baby catch Herpes?

Hi everybody,

I appologize if im in the wrong area in posting this. Im just so worried.
Today my sister came over and held my 11 week old baby and touched her
herpe outbreak that was on her upper arm. I totally forgot she had it and
now im worried that he may get it. Her outbreak is very dried out right
now. She tells me that its not contagious when its dry. But ive been
reading and I dont see anything that says thats true. Im so scared to
tell my fiance. What do you think? Do you think i should be scared? The
minute after he touched it i immediately washed his hand with
antibacterial soap...but i dont know if this is enough. Do any of you have
any information on herpes and how is passed on to another person?