Old July 15th 04, 08:04 PM
Banty

Default Can a baby catch Herpes?

In article , tristyn says...

Hillary Israeli wrote:

That being said of course - now I wonder, DOES your sister have
herpes, or not?

Personally, I'm wondering about a doctor that's willing to make a diagnosis
of a third person based on a second-hand description. Maybe it IS impetigo,
but as you've mentioned, it is possible to have herpes (or shingles, which
after all is the same virus) on places other than the genitals or mouth.
Considering that it's a baby's health at possible risk, after all...

Shingles is a re-activatoin of herpes zoster (I think it is....) otherwise known
as "Chicken Pox".

Sounds more like the concern is regarding Herpes Simplex types 1 or 2, which
commonly appears on either the mouth or the genitals, but can find ways on nerve
pathways elsewhere as well.

Banty