Old March 24th 06, 12:41 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Duped Dads concept

"Werebat" wrote in message

I'm curious... What if a married woman, whose husband earns maybe $20K
per year, has an affair with a "fabulously wealthy" gentleman who earns
over $100K.

There is a pregnancy, she gives birth, her husband is legally (in
many/most states) the "father".

Later, she divorces her husband and gets that standard custody and CS
arrangement. But she knows her ex isn't the father, and she could get a
lot more cash from the bio dad. The state knows this too.

Is there any way for her to insist that ex-hubby be let off the hook so
she can pursue biodad? Surely the state would be in favor of this if it
meant more federal incentive money, yes?

- Ron ^*^

Interesting idea. Being the optimistic sob that I am.. I'd have to say that
the state would keep the non-bio dad on the hook until such time as the
state can land bio dad in family court and slam him with C$ and a huge
arrears. Of course, non-bio dad will have to take the state to court, fight
them for a few more years, then they "might" let him go before he reaches
his 80's and just can't produce for them and longer...