Old July 25th 07, 07:17 AM posted to alt.child-support
Soprano

Default Introduction

teachrmama wrote:
"Soprano" wrote in message
teachrmama wrote:
You are not legally required to file for child support through the
courts. You and your ex *can* sit down and come to an agreement together.
Why put control of such an important issue in the hands of total
strangers who feel that their formulae are more important than the
parents of the child?

"Soprano" wrote in message
Hi, I am new here. I have had child support papers for a year and never
filed them. I am a Christian and I feel like an atheist doing this. I
should say I am a Christian convert, which makes it hard. I divorced my
husband. Slogging through these papers is hell on earth. We have a 6
year old and I have full custody of her but he can visit her whenever he
likes, we live in the same county. We live in Marin County, CA. The
Child Support people here are friendly and helpful.
Atlanta

You are right. However I know the former head of Family Support Services
for my state and His Grace advised I do it for my daughter's sake. I think
I will listen to His Grace's advice.

Oh--you mean your ex is such an uncaring father that he would try to
shortchange his daughter? That is really sad!!

No, that's not the problem. There are other problems which I don't want
to discuss publicly anymore.