Old July 25th 07, 07:18 AM posted to alt.child-support
Soprano

Default Introduction

teachrmama wrote:
"Soprano" wrote in message
Brook Harty wrote:
If you use the services, they take a fee, and can create hardships for
the father.

You only have to use the service if absolutely necessary. If the father
is ever out of work, they can put the father in prison, which is the
"hardship" part.

Best advice, don't use it, if you don't have too.

Soprano wrote:
Hi, I am new here. I have had child support papers for a year and never
filed them. I am a Christian and I feel like an atheist doing this. I
should say I am a Christian convert, which makes it hard. I divorced my
husband. Slogging through these papers is hell on earth. We have a 6
year old and I have full custody of her but he can visit her whenever he
likes, we live in the same county. We live in Marin County, CA. The
Child Support people here are friendly and helpful.
Atlanta

I know that. And that is why I did not file those papers for a year. But I
discussed it with the former head of Family Support Services and His Grace
advised I do it for my daughter's sake.

Has her father not been paying anything at all?

Not like that, no. He helps out in other ways and sometimes gives me a
small amount of cash. He will buy groceries sometimes or dinner other
times. Its a tough situation and one I no longer want to discuss on Usenet.