Old March 14th 08, 04:11 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default How to stop the night wakings?

On Mar 14, 8:15 am, Rosalie B. wrote:
cjra wrote:
On Mar 13, 6:34 pm, Rosalie B. wrote:
cjra wrote:

Our problem is lack of doors - all the doors have been removed and
sent of for stripping (lead paint removal), . So without doors,

Why does the area have to be quiet?

Lights on, tv (sometimes), computer etc. all within a few feet of her?
Maybe your child can fall asleep with that, mine has never been able
to. All the usual 'house' noises. Frankly I don't expect anyone to be
able to sleep through all that. Perfectly silent? no, but constant
stimulation in the form of lights, talking etc, she can't handle that.

Are you putting her to bed in the living room or something? I would
expect a child to be able to sleep through noise of conversation, but
maybe music or a fan or something would mask that. My DIL does that
(for herself).

Ok, here's a link. I'm not sure you get the full idea since we've done
a lot of work since these pictures were taken. And those pocket doors
between the rooms aren't functioning at the moment and are in the
'open' position. http://cheriseandfredo.blogspot.com/...ntry-hall.html.
Also all the other doors have been removed for stripping (some are
done, but then they have to be sanded and painted before we put them
back up, and we're waiting to strip, sand, and paint the frames before
doing that which we have to do with DD out of the house). If you look
at the very bottom picture, the bedrooms are off to the left and the
'study' where the spare bed is is off to the right.