Old November 15th 07, 08:14 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

Default IQ and what it means in adulthood

In article .com,
Beliavsky wrote:

It's not a matter of status, and it would not be mostly for my sake.
Since I think more intelligent people create benefits for society,
based on the research I have cited, I will try to encourage my kids to
marry smart and good people and have lots of kids. I'm not sure how to
accomplish that, but I have plenty of time to think about it.

On average, less intelligent and responsible people have more kids
than their opposites, and that's a bad thing for society. Some people
worry about global warming. I worry about this.

If you want to get into eugenics, I suggest you try a breed less complex than
humans. Budgies, maybe.

A friend of mine once wondered why her husband had not turned into a juvenile
delinquent. His apparently intelligent, moral, respectable adoptive parents
instilled two conflicting beliefs in him: that he deserved the best of
everything, and that he couldn't do anything much. When she met him, he had a
wardrobe of expensive clothes and a rented apartment in one of the best spots
in Sydney, but he had never gone to Uni, never learnt to drive, never been on
an overseas trip (he was 38). He was also spending more than he earned --
every single week, because his Mum used to give him money from the substantial
pile left by his late father. So... intelligent? Moral? What do you think?

In the last few years he has taken his degree while working full-time, learned
to drive, and fathered five lovely children -- that's why they haven't taken
any overseas trips! What do you think of him now?

All five children have learning disabilities related to a rare genetic problem
that would not have been picked up by pre-birth testing. They may never have
the shallow type of success that most of this thread has assumed.

And that's why I suggest you stick to budgies.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/