Old September 19th 10, 03:49 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
carole

Default Auckland Health Board lies over Vitamin C

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
"carole" wrote:

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:49:48 +0100, "john" wrote:

"no evidence exists to
confidently say that high-dosage Vitamin C therapy is either safe or
effective." She lied.

Well it is true that Ascor L500 is approved (and very effective) for
use in the prevention and treatment of scurvy. Unfortunately for your
misquote that doesn't mean it is risk free or that there is any good
evidence it is any use for anything else.

There are a whole lot of nutritional supplements that conventional
medicine
denies have any real purpose in the human body.

Did you read the paragraph that you quoted, Carole? It says that
conventional medicine (the "conventional" is redundant as there is no
other form of medicine) says that a nutritional supplement, in this
case Vitamin C, has a real purpose in the human body.

Forgive me, I'll call it allopathic medicine from now on.

What's new?

Only the stupid idea that medicine doesn't recognise the value of some
nutritional supplements.

That's the truth.

--
carole