Old October 18th 05, 06:06 PM
PattyMomVA

Default mixed feelings about total bottle rejection

"Melania" wrote and I snipped:
Well, it's official. After four months of taking EBM from a bottle
without too much fuss, ds#2 has decided that really boob is the only
way to go. The last three times he's been left with a bottle of EBM,
he's fussed and refused it most stubbornly. And don't get me started on
the failed attempts to give him formula (since expressing is such a
pain for me) on the odd time I've left him. Total revulsion, which
makes me proud but also annoys a bit, since it curtails the amount of
time I can leave him.

Oh, well. He's 5 months old now. Another month and then he'll be
starting solids, and he can have a sippy cup of water then, and between
those he should be able to tie himself over if I go out for 2+ hours.

At 5 months old, I wouldn't worry about leaving him without drink/food. I
think that if he was hungry, he'd take the bottle (or cup as others have
suggested). My best friend took a 5-month maternity leave with her 2nd DD.
When she went back to work, her baby wasn't taking a bottle at all. The
providers tried all manner of ways to get her to take formula, but she
refused. So, she went without until she reconnected with Mom. In the end,
I don't think it was an issue. So, I'd recommend not worrying over 2+
hours. How has your DS#2 acted other than when he was confronted with the
bottle?

HTH,
-Patty, mom of 1+2