Old June 1st 04, 11:49 PM
Vicki S

Default Name suggestions please

X-No-Archive

"PattyMomVA" wrote:
Vicki, I've seen your favorites lists before and noticed we like a lot of
the same names ...
Anyway, I'm guessing your new little one will be either Lionel or Corinne???

That's a good question! And the answer is absolutely not! ;-)
The names in my favorites list are not ones I would use, because DH
and I insist on Jewish names. I don't bother listing my favorite
Jewish names because the number of interested folk is so much smaller
and I don't need the competition. ;-) I would really enjoy boosting
the number of Lionels and Corinnes though!

I haven't posted my kids names in a long time, so hopefully that
X-no-archive thing will work, but:

my son is Raziel Josiah. We call him Razi most of the time. Raziel
is a fairly obscure angel who guards a book of secrets, Raziel means
"G-d is my secret" or "secret of G-d" in Aramaic. I bled a lot in my
pregnancy with him, plus he followed a miscarriage and several years
of infertility, so we figured the boy had some powerful help getting
here. Josiah was a good and righteous (biblical) king in a long line
of corrupt kings. See 2Kings 21, 22 and 23. Also Raziel is for my
mother's mother, Rachel (though she went by Rose) and Josiah is for my
mother's father Joseph.

and my daughter is Zipporah Yael. We call her Zora most of the time.
Zipporah and Yael are notable biblical women. Zipporah was Moses'
wife, and most interesting to me, she once saved Moses' life. G-d,
rather inexplicably, suddenly decides to kill Moses and Zipporah saves
him with what I have to interpret as some ancient form of blood magic.
See Exodus 4:24-26 for the odd little story. Yael (see Judges, ch 4)
also has a bloody story. She killed an enemy of Israel and is
remembered gratefully for doing so. Both women were not born Jewish
but have been "adopted" into the Jewish people, and both names are
considered fully Jewish. My husband converted to Judaism and
particularly likes that about the names. I like that they were
strong, no-nonsense women who are remembered for their deeds, not just
because of who they married or birthed.

So number three will have a similarly Jewish name. Plus it'll have a
"z" in it somewhere. But that's all I'll cop to.

BUT! If I hadn't married the man I married, I probably would have a
Lionel and a Corinne. I LOVE both names. And this next one?
Orlando, Thayer, Elliot, Griffin, Josiah, Julius, and Sebastian would
all be quite high on my list. (I don't have any scientific proof that
he is a boy, I just feel it deep in my bones. :-)

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995. Ima shel Stoic, born 11/16/99;