Old August 9th 03, 04:11 PM
Nikki

Default Prevnar, and intro

Allison Smith wrote:
Hi,
I've been lurking here since my second daughter was born 5 weeks ago.
We just had our one month appointment and our doctor gave us a
pamphlet on Prevnar, and said that we should get it done for both our
girls (oldest is
2.5). I'd like to make an informed decision before blindly agreeing.
I'm just wondering what others opinions are.

I had my kids get it. Hunter was about 2.5 at the time. Meningitis is just
a really scary thing to me so I didn't hesitate. I've known to many people
IRL that got it for me to feel like it wouldn't happen to me. Hunter who
had the prevnar when he was older, had 4 ear infections and Luke, who had it
as an infant, had none. That doesn't really prove anything since all kids
are different. I think vaccines are good so my kids have had them all and
have never had a reaction. I've done a moderate amount of research is all.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)