Old August 13th 03, 06:23 AM

Default DCF CT monitor finds kids *worsen* while in state custody

(Kane) wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message
hlink.net...
high rates of abuse and neglect in foster care, Kane cited a 1998
article in another newspaper from the state, stating:

Here's the straight skinny:

http://old.hartfordadvocate.com/articles/dcf2.html

Loving Parents, Safe Homes
Taking children out of unsafe homes is one thing; finding
suitable places to put them is another.
By Jayne Keedle
The two newest members of Jannette Santiago's family arrived on
the doorstep of her neat Waterbury condominium one evening last
November.

I responded to Kane's post, thanking him for the article and pointing
out other articles from the same newspaper. Kane responds:

Your assumption, throughout this reply of yours constantly attempts
to show me as being one sided. If that were true why would I post
information that showed both sides?

Hi, Kane!

That Kane did not post information showing "both sides" was my point.

I cited and pointed to a page that had both the information about CT
working on reform of its system back in 1998, and with links at the
bottom of the page that pointed to further information.

Why would you insinuate what you do below?

He
cited and posted a single, outdated article about a foster caregiver.
I then responded pointing out links to articles about CPS in that same
newspaper.

Was I hidding something? I don't post like your favorite Woodenhead,
bits and pieces with NOT ****ING CITATION WHAT SO EVER...just a vague
referance to some article in some paper or web page, with no clickable
pointer.

See the difference, dimwit?

You are waaaaaaaaaay to obvious, Dougy.

Well, Kane should have looked at the bottom of the page showing his
article and he would have seen the links himself.

Unlike you I don't try to conceal anything. I had to whip your ass
repeatedly over you citing information but NOT pointed to a clickable
link for months before you finally figured folks here had caught on to
you.

I don't know whether he still
would have posted and cited the story or not,

I frequently do NOT post an entire article, but a short relevant quote
with an invitation to click the URL I provide for the rest of the
story, out of copyright respect. You seem quite unable to do that
yourself, as is the case with your Skunk Cabbage buddy.

but the combination of stories
done by the Connecticut newspaper around 1998 was very informative.
Under federal court supervision, CPS was attempting to reform its
practices and its foster care system.

Why yes. What do you think I posted and pointed to it for? What are
you insinuating, Doug the Duplicitious?

One of the pertinent points to the thread is that the August, 2003,
article that prompted the discussion indicates that little progress has
been made in seven years.

And anyone who wished to explore further might uncover information
that would reveal why?

Or are you claiming that the state of CT is malicious, evil, and
corrupt? Why not say it right out, Chicken****?

You are a smarmy, slimy little ****, aren't you?

In 2003, rates of child abuse and neglect in Connecticut's
foster care system were ten times that in the general population (see
article in first post to this thread).

Point please. Like a gentleman instead of a sick ****.

I will respond further to Kane's post shortly, time permitting.

Please do. Time permitting.

And thank you for your prompt response.

Kane

Kane, it's all about you. I prayed to a higher power to help me understand
you better. My fingers flew on the keyboards.

there was a poor doggie that played in the street
he got caught in the tar
in the hot summer heat
All four of his feet got caught in the street
all four of his feet got caught in the street
then all of sudden there came a car
he barked and he cussed but
he didn't get far
he played in the street
got caught in the heat
his feet stuck in the tar
here comes the car
here comes the car
the barking and cussing was heard from a far
the message came late and
so did the brakes
the brakes came late and
the doggie's mistake cost him a leg
and made him game
yes it made him game and now he is lame
he's barking and cussing and he is lame
he made a mistake and the brakes were late
he played in the street and got caught in the tar
because of the heat he couldn't get far
he barked and he cussed but got hit by a car
and now he walks with a kane
and now he walks with a kane
the story is mine
K-9 is devine