Old August 30th 06, 02:40 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

Default Feeling Guilty...

"xkatx" wrote in message
news04Jg.20336$Ch.6958@clgrps13...

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:26:51 GMT, "xkatx" the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

snip

You mean pay a bit above and beyond for a bill? What I mean is see if
maybe Power Company will accept a payment plan of maybe an extra $20 on
top of whatever the monthly bill may be? (eg: Power is $50 this month,
pay $70 to them, next month bill is $60, pay $80 to them? - for example)

snip

The cell phone is a contract. I have to find a way out of the contract or
pawn the remaining contract (for 2 phones) off on someone else. Cable is
scheduled to be knocked off for my next billing period. I do not like
pro-rated rates, and with the time they need to disconnect (or so they
say) it ends up being a few days before my new billing period anyways.
It's the Internet that we have the regular high speed ADSL - on contract.
I am going to call in and see if I can possibly live out the rest of my
contract (or for as long as I need to, anyways) on something cheaper -
like their dial up service. In this area, there's not much for options on
stuff like that.

snip

Always have had only PLPD - minimum required for putting a car on the
road.

snip

Ah. Never thought of that. I got myself locked into a contract with the
new power company back in November or so. They were far cheaper than what
we were with, and with the contract, rates are locked at that amount and
won't go up (then you get to the end of the contract and it goes way up
lol)
There's 2 power companies to choose from - AFAIK. We're on one and
switched to that one from the other, with higher rates. Maybe I can
negotiate for a cheaper rate, though!

snip

The only other phone company around is through the cable company. New(er)
service and by far less reliable than the actual phone company. That's
what I hear from others who switched anyways. The cable company's phone
service is also WAY more expensive. It's a set rate and comes with ALL
the bells and whistles for that extra cost - currently pay about $25 for
the phone - the cable company is, I think, something like $50 or $55
because it comes standard with free long distance (I do not call long
distance or have any reason for this, even currently have a block on all
long distance/charge phone numbers on my phone) call display, voice mail,
call waiting, bla bla bla. I really have no use for any of those for the
extra money it is. I also kinda like the phone number I have and have had
since day 1. It's almost like a piece of me would be gone if I lost that
phone number LOL j/k

snip

Maybe something will be new since around March when I insured this car.
Maybe someone might try and offer a better deal if I'm serious about
switching?

snip

For which part?
With children and babies, I feel that a phone is a necessity in the case
of emergency, not a luxury.
With call display, I have had some issues with people calling as well as
telemarketers harrassing me, not to mention there's a bill collection
place on my case because they say that I was paid vacation pay 2 times
from my last job - a year and a half ago. I've sent them documents and
papers to show I was not over paid, and they call all hours. I log when
they call and if it continues the way it is, I plan to make a complaint.
Also, the power, well, you need power. I'd be evicted if the power was
not on here, as you need to have power in order to stay a tenant.

snip

Internet and phone are the same company, comes on the same bill each
month. It's then down to phone or no phone if I say we're moving and
moving to an area they might not cover for Internet. They'd also
disconnect the phone, and the other phone company is, by far, more
expensive for what I need, unless I could come up with something like I'm
moving to this area, I am leaving the phone as I'm allowing a friend to
rent here after I move and they have their own ISP? Hm... Maybe that
doesn't make sense...

snip

Ah theys *seem* to cover EVERYWHERE... Even in Las Vegas, I had coverage.
No coverage on the airplane, though LOL
Unless I'm moving out of the country or something... If calling and saying
I'm moving to something like, I don't know, England, is that very
far-fetched and obnoxious? I might then still be responsible to live out
my contract (pay them lots to back out of the contract early) or be
expected to find someone to take over the remaining contract...
I think I will call and see. A friend's girlfriend said a little while
back that if you call a company and say you still want their service but
want a cheaper rate, they'll suggest knocking off features - no voice
mail, no free evening/weekend minutes, etc., and if you say something like
you use the phone for business and require these features or options, they
have ways to knock your bill down even more without losing any features.
Not sure how true this is (this woman is fairly obnoxious and childish at
times) but... Maybe that's one thing I will ask about.

snip

I know. Just what I don't need is to be a lump laying in a bed or on bed
rest because of being unhealthy... Or end up with something like a
C-section real early because of problems and having to deal with the kids
plus trying to manage a hospital with an extreme preemie baby or
something... Oh, yea, as nice as it sounds, bed rest is out lol

snip

The ex is out. I'll let that part go with the flow and let family
maintenance do what they do better than I could ever do. I'm not going to
try and beg and negotiate with him anymore. I do know that all he wants
and needs is his time. TBH, I know that with time, it won't be this big
headache. That's the future, which I am not going to look into (that
area, anyways) as it's the present I want to deal with now. Not what can,
may, possibly, perhaps happen down the road in a month, 6 months, a year,
10 years, whatever.
I asked my mom. She definitely has the best for resources like this that
I more than likely need. Family also seems more willing and able to help
now than they were a few months ago. I also am in contact with SS. I get
the feeling that the worker I have is newer and isn't as familiar with
everything available. Or maybe she's just lazy. I did ask about extras -
clothing, food, money from any other source. She said that in September,
she can and will issue me extra money - a baby allowance thing that is a
one time thing. I think she said it's an extra $250 for baby needs. I
also asked about clothing for me, as obviously what I was wearing last
year does not fit, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Also asked about
clothing allowances for school for B. Again, no word yet, I will call her
tomorrow morning.

snip

No, and that's fine. It's far better than what I currently have to go
with!

Kat - your best bet is to buckle down and do the things that a responsible
adult would do. I read your answers, and this reads like a game...

..

You have a ton of reasons for NOT doing what needs to be done.

Time to put on your big girl panties, kiddo, and start being the adult in
your house.