Old May 10th 05, 08:08 PM

Kane's Komments

Kane:

Looks like CPS has screwed the pooch on this one. Of course we have to
ignore who actually killed the child, and ignore that CPS is not always
going to be allowed full access by the suspect being investigated. In
fact, we'd have to ignore, to fully blame CPS, some of the arguments
here in support of "parent's rights," now wouldn't we, Michael? Doug?
greegor? bobber? Who have I forgotten?

CHILD Abuse Cases
Bristol Herald Courier - Bristol,TN,USA
2-year old Christopher Smith died March 30th. Sullivan County Police
charged
his mother's boyfriend with murder. Abuse the family ...
http://www.tricities.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=TRI%2FMGArticle%2FTRI_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031782616655

Kane:

Just a spanking folks, just some "discipline." 0:-\

HAMPTON Man Charged With Felony Child Abuse
WAVY-TV - Portsmouth,VA,USA
A Hampton man was arrested Friday after officials say he abused a
six-year-old
child. Police say Corey D. Taylor, 35, used a wooden ...
http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=3319244&nav=23iiZcwr

Kane:

It's not like we are the only country with this problem. This planet is
still, when it comes to children, in almost every land and corner of
it, in the dark ages. That children have to suffer like this because we
were treated like them when we were little. Sad, isn't it? We'd defend
our parents even if it means we destroy the planet. Instead of seeing
the sad truth in how they had been treated, and vowing to break the
cycle, we continue on.

BEWARE of Child Abuse
AllAfrica.com - Africa
.... Child abuse is being embraced like it is fashionable. ... Although
child abuse takes different forms, the pain of emotional mutilation
cuts
across them all. ...
http://allafrica.com/stories/200505091503.html

Kane:

The fact that child abuse is underreported has been debated in this ng,
with you twits pretending that actual child abuse is only 10% of
reported CPS cases. A brilliant piece of deductive logic. Who gives a
****? It's the total that counts, in and out of CPS. And guess
what...it's impossible to find out that number even on reported cases.
Why? Because the reporting agency most responsible has dropped the ball
long ago.

CHILD abuse disclosure law backed
Marietta Times - Marietta,OH,USA
A child sex abuse law is proceeding through the Ohio General Assembly
despite
opposition from many of Ohio's Catholic bishops. The ...
http://www.mariettatimes.com/news/story/059202005_new02aubse.asp

And did you see, Wex's little cut and paste:

May 10, 12:10 pm show options
Newsgroups: alt.support.foster-parents
From: wexwimpy - Find messages by this author
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:10:54 GMT
Subject: Insane not to require reporting of sex abuse
original | Report Abuse

Insane not to require reporting of sex abuse

By Randy Means My Word Posted May 10, 2005

Cinco de Mayo turned out to be a dark and dreary day for those of us
following the progress and ultimate demise of a child-protection
amendment in the Florida Senate. The legislative amendment's impetus
was an Osecola County arrest of several school employees on charges of
failing to contact the Department of Children & Families or law
enforcement appropriately when they learned of sex abuse occurring on
their students by one of their own employees. It seemed like a simple
case.

However, a local court ruling turned this whole issue on its ear. The
ruling stated that no one is statutorily required to contact DCF in
child-abuse cases if the alleged offender is a public-school employee.

This is because, in 1993, a change in the law removed public-school
employees as a group that were required to be reported. What is
important to note is that no mandatory reporter of any kind -- be it
physician, judge or social worker -- is required to report suspected
abuse by a public-school employee. Before 1993, public-school
employees had been included in the group of people that warranted
mandatory reporting.

I can think of no other group of individuals that should be more
morally and legally required to be reported for abusing children than
the people to whom we entrust our children's safety 180 days a year. I
also have a hard time discerning the difference between private and
public when it comes to our children's safety -- other than that one
has, in my opinion, a more effective union lobbyist to protect members
from reporting laws.

A person listed as a mandatory reporter walking into a private school
and observing a private-school teacher molesting a child is legally
required to report such an offense. However, if that same person
witnessed a public-school teacher molesting the same child, he or she
would not be required to report it.

This is insane.

Furthermore, prosecutors disagree with anyone's argument that
public-school employees can be charged under different Florida
statutes for non-reporting of public-school employees. The courts have
ruled otherwise, and until public-school employees are placed back
into the appropriate statute, this insanity will continue, plain and
simple.

DCF's concerns that it could cost millions of dollars to investigate
these additional cases is chilling. If DCF is correct, we must truly
be experiencing an unreported epidemic of abuse by public-schools
employees. I submit that is even a more compelling reason to include
public-school employees as people required to be reported.

The smoke-and-mirrors tactics may have won the battle this year, but,
with the assistance of like-minded parents and concerned citizens, we
will be ready to re-file this legislation as soon as possible.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...rd10051005may1...