Old March 18th 06, 10:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default The Waiting Room

I left my last OB/GYN for that reason. I can appreciate a 10 min delay,
but I was waiting a minimum of 1 HOUR. The first time I asked "is this
normal? Because I can't really take a whole afternoon off work." And
was told it was not, it was an emergency, etc. Fair enough. I
understand that. But then it happened each time. Min. 1 hour wait just
to be called back, another 30 mins+ before she showed up. rarely any
apologies or explanations, so I just started seeing another doc.

I have been to a doc and they were late and their staff explained what
was happening and ok....I will accept that. But this was over the top.
My current OB I usually have to wait 10-15 mins, but I think that is
reasonable, and if it's more, she's usually apologetic. SOme patients
take longer than others and it's hard to predict. But more than that
and it's clear they're double booking for the $.