Old November 3rd 06, 05:41 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
emilymr

Default Baby spits up blood after breast feeding

On Nov 2, 9:50 pm, Lek wrote:
Hello,

Yesterday my baby spat up some blood shortly after breastfeeding. I
immediately told my husband and we called the doctor. The baby seams fine
and the doctor told us that it could be related to cracked nipples. Mine
are cracked and sore. If the baby spits up after bottle feeding, there is
no blood.

This happened to by MIL when she was nursing DH. He's now a healthy
and happy (and weaned! haha) 30-year old. See if you can get a
lactation consultant in, and lather on the nipple cream. Hope it gets
better *soon* -- cracked nipples are the worst.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04