Old May 19th 04, 07:07 PM
Kane

Default Plant Prattlings....was....Would you trust CPS which has FAILED EVERY STATE

On 19 May 2004 14:04:25 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

....yet more prattling nonsense which she posted off topic to aps,
instead of ascps where it is on topic...I fixed it for you, rummy
dummy.

And I'll answer your question with another:

Would you trust CPS, who while operating under federal guidelines that
are being questioned now, as I have in the past, as being inoperable
for adequate delivery of client services, was able to bring down the
number of abuses and even reduced the number of sexual abuse cases by
40%?

They have done what pilots have been made heros for...the safe landing
of a badly disabled aircraft.

With all the crippling, that you barnyard hens take as a license for
YOU to peck at them, CPS has managed to do this, and save children
lives.

And your idea of reform is to point only at their faults and inability
to make FEDERAL GUILDELINES work.

And they were simply attempting to bring MY TAX DOLLARS BACK TO MY
STATE FOR SERVICES I DEMAND OF THE STATE.

Why should families trust the expertise of CPS

Because they have proven by the numbers posted by you and even the
biggest disemmbler here, The Douggie, to have done a terrific job
under nearly impossible odds.

which now has failed in every
state to meet even minimum standards of efficacy and performance.

Set by the feds, while dangling money? Sure, dummy. Sure.

Why have experts started asking the same questions I do and have for
some time now, that you and your Bud, Douggie the Magnificent have
ignored?

The criteria for how funding is applied is controlled by the feds, and
it is questionable if states can meet the needs of clients by the
application of the federal criteria. In fact it's proving not the
failure of the states, but the failure of the FEDS....AS PER USUAL.

In other words, the fix was in from the beginning for the states to
fail. This was discussed in state meetings and conferences I attended
on ASFA the year it passed into law.

Thoughtful adminstrators with years of experience with the feds, met
with senior managers and most importantly, senior workers, nearly all
MSWs, to see if they could make the federal mandates work.

I can see now in retrospect, something I challenged the federal folks
present at those meetings over, that the fix was in. I and many line
workers I knew were furious over the acceptance of policies of service
delivery that could plainly be seen as doomed to fail.

Some state people got it, but they didn't figure on the duplicity of
the feds being nearly the level I had reason to believe, so my
concerns were set aside with promises of cooperation by the feds being
swallowed by the state....under great pressure from the gov and
legislation to make the federal funding through ASFA and Title IV-E
monies work out.

The key component for failure? The ignoring by the feds of the reality
of client behavior and responses to services, a matter of historical
case record...and that is exactly how it has turned out.

The current screaming for more up front services to keep families
together was standard ops in the decades prior to CAPTA. And what it
got was MORE drug abuse and partying while CPS babysat children
through their entire childhoods.

16 states FAILED ON EVERY submeasure of performance.

Yep, just as they were set up to do. If the criteria is to meet a
certain level of needs calculated by a ratio, or number score of
client services delivered, and the FEDS control how the states deliver
those services WHO IS IN CONTROL OF THE FAILURES?

You, of course are never going to answer, but hopefully other readers
will get the point.

It's like this. I'll give you 20 millions dollars if you can jump
fourteen feet high without mechanical assistance...you train for six
months, (Hell, for 20 mil I'd even try) and just prior to the big day,
I come along and mention that I forgot to tell you that I'm breaking
your kneecaps today.

California, which houses 20% of the nation's foster populace, failed

Federal
audits on every performance scale.

Considering the decades long crash of the economy in CA I'm not the
least surprised at the 20% figure. If you've traveled in California,
as I have, and seen places like West LA, South Sacramento (a town I
spent some teen years in), Marysville, East Oakland, and other
sinkholes of poverty and crime, you'd wonder how the number isn't
higher.

You and your cronies are liars who hide from just such facts.

And yes, there are some CPS failures. It is amazing to me the states
have succeeded in, since the passing of ASFA, to do what they
have...reduce the number of abuse and neglect cases.

Now how did they do THAT, yet "fail" to pass federal standards, eh?

Could it be the standards are WRONG?

http://www.familyrightsassociation.com

Bull**** organization that is yet another purveyor of half truths and
lies buried in more layers of BS. And you pimp for them regularly.

The perfect vehicle for abusive dangerous parents to hide behind.

Kane