Old May 9th 04, 12:38 AM
Akuvikate

Default Happy Birthmother's Day!

"SuperEeyore" wrote in message ...
Happy day to all the Birthmothers out there!

Laurel
birthmother to Bj
and mommy to Juliet

"What is Birth Mother's Day?"

Birth Mother's Day is a day to honor and remember the motherhood experience
of birth mothers, the women who lost/placed their children in adoption. It
is held on the second Saturday in May and observed with a public ceremony.

Another group for whom this is great is the adoptees. I've been in
contact with my birthmother for 11 years and have always felt a little
weird about Mothers Day. On the one hand I want to thank her and
honor her for what she's done, but on the other hand I'm not always
comfortable doing it on Mothers Day. This is the perfect solution --
I'm going to call her now!

Kate
and the Bug, 11 months