Old May 15th 08, 02:16 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Banty

Default Can anybody point me to any of these famous misc.kids.etc & alt.mothers newsgroup "charters" ?

In article , aula says...

"Suzanne" wrote in message
Nobody here seems to object to all the vioxx, celebrex, fako Rolex
watches, and other garbage going on here that truly IS spam.

So tell me, why is that? Why don't any of you object to that?

Most readers ignore one post wonders OR report them to their ISP's for
spamming. When a repeater arrives then they are usually told, in no
uncertain terms, that they are violating the norms of the group. Doesn't
matter how many times he protests or gets his friends to protest, pushing a
product that is for sale is spamming. Now, if he wants to join in the
OTHER conversations in the group and talk on those topics and only leave the
product info as a sig line, well that becomes a different thing entirely.
Then he becomes a part of the group, leaves the info politely available for
those who might wish to use it, and that is fine. The people here are
trying to educate him to that norm. He can choose to listen or not. The
group can choose to accept him, ignore him, report him, or not.

Absolutely. Then people who *want to*, can take the intiative to investigate a
product.

Banty