Old January 10th 04, 11:04 AM
Chookie

Default Online Net safety, I apologise if this is FAQ's or OT

In article ogers.com,
"Neil.N" wrote:

If anyone can recommend softwares for screening or monitoring the internet,
our 11 year old boy will be online with a cable connection next week. I've
heard of net nanny, that's about as far as my knowledge goes.

Supervise, supervise, supervise. Password-protect the computer.Teach your
child how to find reputable material on the web and bookmark useful sites.

Here are a few sites that might be handy:

Internet Public Library Kidspace
http://www.ipl.org/div/kidspace/

The WWW Virtual Library
http://vlib.org/

Ask Jeeves Kids
http://www.ajkids.com/index.asp?o=0

Librarians' Index to the Internet
http://lii.org/

HTH

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc