Old November 18th 03, 08:46 PM
Beeswing

Default Character of a growing girl (middle school question)

"Banty" wrote in message

I guess the upshot here is that your own experience in Junior High

won't
necessarily translate to your daughter's experience.

I don't expect it to; I'm sorry if I gave that impression. Even on the
most basic level, her school experience will be different: I grew up in
the suburbs and went to a moderately small junior high. The (public)
school she would otherwise attend is very urban and a lot bigger. What I
do know, though, is that the early teen years typically can be hard for
many of our kids, and it was certainly a hard time for me.

The biggest difference
to her character is her temprament; the next biggest is your

relationship to
her, bringing up a close third is the overall environment.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

beeswing