Old March 14th 08, 05:12 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
MarieD[_2_]

Default How to stop the night wakings?

"cjra" wrote in message
The nursing to sleep is an issue. How does one stop this? When I don't
nurse her to sleep, she just cries and cries. That said, when I'm not
here, DH is able to get her to sleep. But if she knows I'm in the
house, she won't stop til she has me.

I experienced that with my own family. My youngest grew out of nursing to
sleep, but would nurse a few minutes before bedtime until she was almost 5.
If I was away from home though, my husband had no trouble and she'd even
fall asleep while they were rocking (I rocked all of my children before bed
when they were little)

Well, since she's always co-slept, the whole transition to crib will
be an issue.

Just so you know- co-sleeping isn't always the cause of sleeping problems.
Alot of people seem to blame co-sleeping, but many babies who have only
slept in cribs have sleep problems also. My youngest wouldn't sleep alone or
with us, she just didn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time until she hit
about 14 months. Just wanted to reassure you. I've known many co-sleepers,
and I haven't known any teenagers who can't sleep alone )

We already decided that when we get to that stage, we're going to bang
pots in her room as payback ;-)

My oldest is almost 13, and I sometimes throw her stuffed animals at her
until she gets up.
The older kids can be helpful if they happen to wake up before me; they will
get the little one breakfast and let me sleep. But that's rare these days
lol.
Marie