Old December 8th 06, 04:06 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Caledonia

Default fidgety kids

Louise wrote:
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 20:24:22 EST, "Caledonia"
wrote:

Do they have IEPs for gifted students (w/o disabilities that are
impairing their academic progress) where you are?

Yes. My sister had one from 1979 (Grade 3) to 1990 (Grade 13). I was
ten years older and envious as anything, particularly about the way
that the program reviews included the child.

Louise

Ah. To my knowledge, we don't have that here.

Interestingly enough, I was in the (then-new) GATE program as a kid,
and never, ever, participating in a program review. And I can certainly
vouch that my parents never did either, unless this was part of a
parent-teacher conference night event.

Caledonia