Old July 3rd 06, 06:06 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated

Default Overnighters and Emotional Problems

She had the medication before she left to the sleepover, and would be
given the depression medicine the next day, and probably half of her
ADD medication when she got home (since it would be later than
breakfast time when she took the meds) when she got home. Asthma is an
acute disease, with depression being chronic. Missing a day of her
pills is not going to set her back.

I guess the moral of the story was I was worried about it being
stigmatizing, and it wasn't because the hostess was also on meds.

Tracey wrote:
"Mary" wrote in message
oups.com...
The one thing I am not comfortable with sharing is the fact that my
daughter takes medications. When my daughter recently went on an
overnighter, we did not send her medications, (for ADD and depression).

My daughter is also medicated for depression and sleep issues. I would
NEVER send her on a sleepover without her medications....it seems to me that
doing so would be more likely to cause problems than sending her with the
medication and asking the other parent to administer it. If she were
asthmatic would you not send her with an inhaler? Whats the difference? Its
only going to be stigmatizing if you act that way.